When I first heard that full grain leather bags were the way to go, I had to ask, what does full grain even mean?!
Now I know that full grain leather is leather that hasn’t been “sanded, buffed or snuffed”. This is often done to leather to remove “imperfections”, but full grain leather leaves the grain behind which will make your bag more durable!
So here are a few beautiful bags I found that are surprisingly affordable:
1) This is crafted from Italian full grain leather and I’m loving the color of this bag. It’s a light brown that doesn’t look dull; I think it will gloss beautifully over time! You should definitely check out the customer reviews and photos. This is big enough for a laptop, has compartments, and includes a removable strap.
2) If you’ve seen my leather Traveler’s Notebook post, you already know I love the look of this leather bag. The leather looks smooth with a rich dark quality to it; again, really nice customer review photos to check out! I also like the affordable price tag. But what’s especially cool is that the company includes a couple of mini bags to help organize the inside of this tote, if you want =)
3) The first thing I noticed was that this bag comes in 7 colors! Most of the reviewers are really pleased with the quality of the bag and say the leather looks expensive. The low price definitely surprised me and I’d love to give one of these hand bags a spin, myself! I love how sleek it looks (reminds me of a YSL shape) and the delicate stitching looks cute; also, there is gold hardware which I think looks very nice.
4) Another affordable bag if you’re looking for full grain leather, and it lends a really casual look to your outfit. Although this messenger bag looks a bit small, it should fit a tablet or Macbook pretty easily. I like the hardware details, and this seems like a great go-to, everyday full grain leather bag that won’t get beat up from daily wear.
5) Out of the 5 bags I’m sharing, this one might be my favorite. It is so gorgeous! Look at the shade of that polished leather. This laptop/briefcase has such a nice shape with details that make it seem less “boring work bag” and more classy. I love the stitching and hardware details, too. I might get an organizer to go inside if I’m not using it for a laptop because the lining colors aren’t my favorite. I’d buy the bag anyway, haha!
I started researching about full grain leather bags because I got a gift card and one of the bags I was eyeing has been price matched on sale! But it’s not the cheapest thing, it’s an investment and I want to LOVE my next everyday bag =) So hopefully my research and picks helped you out with what you’re looking for.
Source info: Wikipedia