Want to find cheap scrapbooking supplies so you can create books without feeling pocket pain?
I am the same way ^_^ I love to use pretty papers, journaling cards, washi tapes, stickers…the list goes on and on. And, of course, there are basics like the album/book itself, adhesive, etc…But I think it’s good to be mindful of spending in any area of life, whether the activity is just for fun or very important to you. So, here’s how I shop for my cheap scrapbook supplies.
I’ll start with shopping in-store (not online).
In general, look for: adhesive, albums, cute decor, anything you may want to see/feel in person.
Tip–if the store has good deals but low stock, ask an employee what day they restock…try to shop on that day before things run out 😉
Tip #2–try coupons and savings apps (on your smartphone). You’ll buy food and toiletries anyway, so if you save money (or earn gift cards/reward cash) while buying necessities, that’s money that perhaps could go toward cheap scrapbooking supplies!
- Dollar stores. Places that offer all kinds of things in the $1-5 range, like Dollar Tree or Daiso, often have bits of craft and stationery items.
- Superstores. Think Target is too expensive? Think again! Check out their notorious Dollar Spot section and find lots of cheap scrapbooking supplies. This is the same for other superstores; check the clearance area and just look on the shelves for clearance stickers.*If you find good deals, keep your eyes open for items that may have fallen on the floor or been misplaced on another area of the shelf (by someone trying to come back for the item later? haha).*
- Local craft stores. Shopping here can be tricky sometimes, but most craft shops offer store coupons and weekly specials. So try to keep that in mind and also get familiar with the clearance section. Have a friend who works there? Maybe they will get you a gift with their employee discount, hmm…
Now for the behemoth called online shopping, my favorite 🙂
In general, shop for: tools, subscription kits, hard-to-find items, handmade stuff, stickers, anything and everything!
- Keep an eye on my blog (or online deal sites) for coupon codes!
- Sign up for the company’s email newsletter for coupons. You can create a folder & filter so your inbox doesn’t get overwhelmed with promotions.
- Make a list of specific items you want ahead of time…so you don’t waste time browsing a huge website during a big sale…only to find that things you want to place in your shopping cart are suddenly sold out.
- Stock up on good deals during the national holiday sales.
My favorite online stores for cheap scrapbooking supplies
- Amazon.com (I love my Prime account!! and the selection from sellers all over the world)
- Scrapbook.com (I usually only buy something if it’s on sale/cheaper than Amazon)
I also want to try Etsy shops, new subscription kits, ACherryOnTop.com and the websites of well-known brick-and-mortar retailers (like Hobby Lobby). When I try more places and find good deals, I’ll blog about it for sure!
Any tips for me? I want to find more cheap scrapbooking supplies and journaling decor, too! 🙂 Where do you like to shop?