10 gifts you can make for your girlfriend that are fun and affordable!
Thank me later! 🙂 Enjoy getting creative and she will appreciate the time you took to plan and make her a gift.
Products are linked for your convenience. Disclosure: some of the links are affiliate links so if you make a purchase, I may receive a commission. Just think of me as your personal shopper! Please feel free to contact me with questions or for specific product recommendations.
1. Bake a cake. Make the cake in a cute heart shape with these pans; you can follow any online recipe or get a cake mix from the store. Find out what flavor she prefers and have fun decorating it (try these pearls) for her, too.
2. Painted ceramic mug. Start with a plain white mug and then use oil-based Sharpie paint markers to personalize it with your own design. You could put her name on it, your anniversary, a poem…whatever you think she’ll like! Then put it in the oven and start it at 350 degrees. LEAVE IT IN THERE for 30 minutes, turn the oven off and KEEP IT IN THERE until the oven is completely cooled. Make sure she hand washes it to keep the design intact 🙂
3. Keepsake box. If you like woodworking, you can go to your local hardware store and pick up the materials for this box. Or you can purchase a pre-made box and use a wood stain or paint to finish it up. A fun idea is to place special items in the box for your girlfriend, like photos, jewelry or something else she’ll like.
4. Photo canvas. Take one of your favorite photos (maybe one of the two of you!) and upload it to Snapfish.com to order a canvas print. Help her hang it on her wall and she’ll be ecstatic 🙂
5. Charm necklace. Pandora is a popular charm brand; make her a necklace using this chain and get her started with a charm or two. It can become a tradition to get her a new charm with special meaning each year.
6. Custom journal. Try making her a customized Erin Condren journal. There are many designs to choose from; you can have her name put on there, or a photo. There are also fun accessories you could give your girlfriend, too.
7. Custom makeup palette. If your girlfriend enjoys wearing makeup, create a custom palette for her from MAC Cosmetics. There are different empty palettes you can start with; just click and drag blushes/eyeshadows to the palette. You can also visit a MAC counter in your local mall and get help from the salesperson.
8. Floral arrangement. You can choose a beautiful and unique vase that she’ll love to display on her desk at work or on a table at home 🙂 Then, go to a local florist or nursery to choose flowers she’ll like. If you have a green thumb, she’ll be impressed if you get supplies to grow the flowers yourself!
9. Stuffed animal. Don’t laugh too hard, it’s a cute idea! Here’s one site where you can pick an animal she’ll like and customize a shirt/bandana for it; you can also visit a local Build-a-Bear to make one for her ^_^
10. Custom hoodie. You can make a customized sweatshirt for your girlfriend with any design she may like. Try her initials or name 🙂 There are also t-shirts, pajamas, underwear and more you can customize.
Gifts you can make for your girlfriend don’t have to be expensive or frustrating to make!
Hope you enjoyed learning about these easy and sentimental gifts for her.