I was excited to receive this L’Oreal EverCurl shampoo, conditioner and gel gift from Influenster a few months ago =)
I’m happy to report that this EverCurl Hydracharge shampoo is nice to my hair, too!
So, L’Oreal describes the EverCurl line as a sulfate-free curl care system that:
- combats frizz
- gives 48 hours of curl definition
- conditions and shapes curls
A little background on my hair type:
- I have an afro that’s about shoulder length. I actually bleached it last summer to dye it purple!
- My hair is naturally on the dry side and so is my scalp, especially living in Illinois where the air is a bit more harsh and dry than other places.
Basically, ya girl’s curls need moisture 24/7/365!!
Ain’t nobody got time for shampoos that strip and dry and conditioners that don’t make a difference, etc.
Likes and Dislikes about the EverCurl items
Here’s what I like about these products so far:
- The L’Oreal EverCurl shampoo left my hair feeling soft after rinsing.
- All of the products smell nice.
- The L’Oreal EverCurl conditioner helps my curls feel less dry after shampooing.
- I also can use the hydracharge conditioner to co-wash.
- The EverCurl line is affordable and easily obtainable from most shops.
- Um, the packaging, hello!! =)
The Sculpt & Hold cream-gel is not my style so far, but I admit, I used about 10 pumps instead of the recommended 1-2 pumps.
I usually need way more product than is “recommended” on the packaging because I have VERY thick hair.
This gel seems more suited for curly hair when going out in humid or rainy weather, or if you’ll be hanging out in the water.
Otherwise, it’s quite sticky and makes it harder to detangle damp hair; I advise detangling and styling before applying the gel to hold your style in place.
It also needs to be washed out of the hair and off of your hands–it is sticky!
But I blow-dried my hair and that brought things back to normal, so it might be ok for heat styling.
L’Oreal EverCurl review | final thoughts
If you have curly hair and are looking for a drugstore option, I say try this curl care system. I will have no problem purchasing the shampoo or conditioner in the future. I’ll pass on the gel for myself, but I’ll try it for my son’s afro which has a biracial curly texture.
Do you like L’Oreal hair care products?