I will surely update this page with screenshots, testimonials, income reports and more…
But for now, I just want to quickly share my thoughts on network marketing vs affiliate marketing.
This is 95% based on my experiences with both sources of income!
- aka direct sales or MLM (multi level marketing)
- people often think of “pyramid schemes”, but that’s for a whole other post
- you basically rely on CONVINCING people to buy what you’re selling
- and, no matter what they say, you are SELLING
- that’s why they have all kinds of *scripts* and ways to “overcome objections”
- I’ve had sales jobs in order to pay the bills, and I will always be able to spot a “salesman” from 10 miles away!
- often preys on people’s insecurities…promising a better lifestyle, more confidence, etc…
- the products are overpriced in order to compensate for paying the salespeople recruitment commissions
- speaking of recruitment, that is the MAIN way network marketers make their living…recruiting others to sell!
- and you have to PAY to become a “distributor”…hmmm….
- often hard to cancel your membership as customer service does everything in their power to stop you from leaving…hmm…
- most reputable companies have affiliate programs, from Ulta to Amazon…any company you can think of!
- all you have to do is 1) get accepted to the program and 2) share your referral link and you can earn commissions when people shop through your link!
- it is FREE to join an affiliate program!! which means the company is so confident in the product they’re offering, they know it will “sell itself”
- no convincing required
- no “inviting” family and friends to spend their hard-earned dollars on overpriced goods to “support” your dreams
- no worrying about the company getting harassed by the FTC for pyramid scheme allegations
- no worrying about the company deciding to let people bypass distributors to order on Amazon or other sites
- did I mention there’s literally NO SELLING required?!
- recommend the products/services you’d recommend even if you *weren’t* getting paid and GET PAID more than you can probably imagine, whether they’re a repeat customer or it’s just a one time deal… if you don’t believe me, just Google “blogger income reports”
I have so much respect for the hustle of both network and affiliate marketers, and I know some of my friends may be offended or defensive if they read this.
But I must speak my truth.
And if you’re currently network marketing…feeling like a slightly sleazy salesperson…not making nearly as much as you were “promised”…
Please reach out to me. You don’t have to live this way. Affiliate marketing is the SHIT!! 🙂 It’s an honest living that actually helps people!!