Time for my Tarte Drench Lip Splash lipstick review 🙂
I picked up the shade Cabana Boy as part of the Quench & Drench set. Spoiler: A lot of people are upset about the small amount of product in the full sized tube which retails for $22. So beware of that…
But isn’t this mini tube packaging pretty? Still loving the purple/gold ombre.
Cabana Boy is a pretty color that will look nice on any skin tone/undertone/hair color combo I can think of! It’s a matte mauve and I think it will pair nicely with a mauve or brown lip liner, especially on darker skin tones like my own.
In the tube it looks brown-mauve, but on my lips it definitely leans more pink-mauve. I think Cabana Boy is very pretty.
Tarte Drench Lip Splash lipstick review — First impression
- This lipstick is very creamy and provides opaque color with one swipe
- Drench Lip Splash doesn’t settle into lines, but it looks kinda dry/cakey after a few minutes
- I feel the need to apply a lip balm within the hour or after it wears off from eating, etc, because my lips feel a bit dry
- Drench Lip Splash lipstick itself has a comfortable feel, though. It doesn’t feel stiff or heavy on my lips.
- While this Tarte lipstick leaves behind a stain, it isn’t transfer resistant or anything
- Cabana Boy has no scent/taste that I can detect
- The finish is actually matte as it claims =)
I like that this lipstick is cruelty free, paraben free, and you may like that it’s vegan! Dimethicone and talc are main ingredients, and fragrance is also listed. But there are some good ingredients, too, like coconut oil…
Sephora’s website says that jojoba and pomegranate oils, and a couple of soothing butters are included–I don’t see them on this ingredients list, though, look for yourself.
Tarte Drench Lip Splash lipstick review — Overall thoughts
So, this lipstick is pretty pricey at .085 oz for $22. I do not agree that it’s intensely moisturizing, but I do agree that it doesn’t emphasize fine lines too much. When it comes to being a cruelty-free lipstick, there are other matte formulations that I’m reminded of when I try Tarte’s…for a lot less money. I do like the ingredients in Tarte’s Drench Lip Splash for the most part…but I won’t be purchasing a full size of this lipstick.
Have you tried the Drench Lip Splash lipstick yet? If you want to try it, I recommend the set from Sephora for less than $10. It’s available online now. Thanks for reading!